A marketing strategy is a growth mechanism for any business. Christian entrepreneurs understand they need to pray for growth and plan for it with an on-going, effective marketing strategy.
We’ve talked about business strategy and communication strategy. Today, we get practical by putting these two together in a marketing strategy that brings in new customers. Let’s define marketing.
Marketing is making sure those who need what you have know about it.
In other words, you help solve a problem in your business and it is your responsibility to make sure potential customers know that you can help them.
Before we go too far, let me say that marketing and advertising are different. Advertising is the item you are using to market. A flyer is an advertisement. Marketing is strategically placing that flyer at the most effective location and making sure it has the most effective draw to your ideal customer.
Marketing strategy is lining up your ideal customer with your ideal message. Start with your customer and their needs. Then, add in relevant and specific messages in a way that communicates with them. We have other articles about your ideal customer and communicating well in marketing (see links at the bottom of this article).
When you refer back to your mission and vision, you should see a consistent pattern in how you help people. The way to help people is the key to marketing. It is not about shouting from the roof tops, though that may work for some businesses. It is about creating a message that specifically and effectively talks to your ideal customer and helps them with a pain in their life.
An effective marketing strategy understands there are many marketing channels. Each of these channels must line up for a specific message for your customer. Basically, you must decide where the most effective location for your marketing would be best suited. You have to define where your customers go to get information to solve the problem your business solves.
Here are some marketing channels to think about:
- Webpage (SEO, Content marketing, etc.)
- Social media
- Coupon books
- Flyers/Mailer/Direct Mail
- Whitepapers and reports
- Webinars and video series
- Commercials on TV or Internet
- Digital ads (PPC or CPC)
I don’t want to inundate you with ideas. I have a list of over 100 ways I can help businesses market their company. My background is in helping businesses find ideal ways to grow through marketing.
As a matter of fact, you can have one million ways, but until you know your goals and understand your customer, it will be hard to create a marketing strategy. You must start with a specific goal. There will be some trial and error, but you must engage your customer to understand them better. Then, you must go where they go and make it seem as though you are everywhere they are.
[bctt tweet=”Marketing strategy is creating a message that is an integral part of your customer’s life. #Christianbusiness #Christianentrepreneur” username=”ChBizRevolution”]
How to set up your marketing strategy
- Start with your vision and mission. Set a goal that you want from your marketing.
- Once you have a goal, set up a valuable sequence to bring your buyers from knowing about your product to actually buying your product. You must know where your customers are in the buyer’s journey.
- Do your research. Talk to current customers. Engage online in forums and social media to really get to know your customer. Look for pain points and common terms among your potential customers.
- Based on your research develop a marketing sequence. Post your ads where they will get the most attraction and make sure it lines up with the terms and pain points of your potential customers.
- Evaluate each piece of your marketing to test its effectiveness. Make sure any calls or emails that you gather have tracking so you know where your customers find out about your business.
- Once you know the most effective source, put more time and effort into developing a solid campaign.
It may sound like a lot to do, but you are fine tuning how you communicate with your customer. You are defining how they hear about you and making sure you can help them. As Christians, we should want to help as many people as possible. It is our duty and responsibility to treat people with kindness and integrity.
Marketing strategies are simply aligning how you help with where your customer are. Whether it is online, at a location or some other idea you found when doing your research, get to where your customers are and make sure they know how you can help them. Do it in a way that benefits your customers and not just for your sales.
Here are some articles you may find helpful:
- Redefining Marketing
- Basics of marketing
- Growth Marketing
- How to gain insights about your customer
- Marketing strategy ideas
If you need a professional to help you design a solid effective marketing campaign for your business, here is a link to a Christian Marketing Consultant I trust. Just tell them you found him on Christian Business Revolution and he’ll give you a great deal.